Friday, September 7, 2012

Reading Response 1: Revolution


Revolution is about a teenage, named Andi Alpers, who has been in a very depressing mood. She is hurt and depressed because of a big event in her life. The event that happened was her little brother died. Her father has been even more distant since that particular event, he is too busy working. Her mother has gone a little insane, and keeps painting her son over and over again. Andi does not know how to handle how her mother is acting. Andi’s grades are failing at her private school, except for her music class which she spends all her time practicing for. Music has now become her life and a good escape for her since the accident.
I found a lot of quotes in this book very interesting. One I really admired is “I want the key,” he said. “The key to the universe. To life. To the future and the past. To love and hate. Truth. God. It’s there. Inside of us. In the genome. The answer to every question. If I can just find it. That’s what I want,” he finished, softly.” I want the key.” I like this quote because it’s true everyone wants the key. I would love that key but once I had it I wouldn’t know what to do anymore. I don’t really know if once I was to obtain it if I would truly still want it. I think it would be like I want what I can’t have but then once I have it; it has no more value to me. This quote is very amusing and brings up a lot of wonder and even more questions for myself. I hope you enjoyed my summary, quote, and that you might want to read this book soon.





2 comments:

  1. I can relate to the main character and using music as an out.
    I too would love the key to the universe it would solve so many problems. But, at the same time would be something I would have no idea what to do with. How did you find the quote amusing?
    I did also happen to enjoy your summary, quote, and I might in fact read this book if I get time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote. It makes me want to read more by this author.

    ReplyDelete