Thursday, October 4, 2012

Reading Response:3

I am reading the book Five Flavors of Dumb. It’s very interesting book it is about this deaf girl named Piper. She doesn’t fit in good; everyone is always looking at her funny. One day this band called “Dumb” won the Battle of the Bands. They got really cocky and started to play for the school for free. Well Piper was angry that her brother didn’t want to live, he rather watch them play. She signed to her brother to tell them that if they were smart they wouldn’t be playing for free. Now she is their new manager and is trying to fit all the pieces together and make it better so they can become big and make money.
                There are good sayings in this book, a lot of meaning in the words. Part of a quote I like was…
“SUCK-I-NESS
Realizing you’re completely alone…even in a crowd”
I liked that quote because at the beginning it was like that for her. Now I read about more people noticing her since she is the manager of “Dumb”. I think it’s a great change in the story and I’m excited to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment